Dirt Devil Featherlite Vacuum Review
What is a Dirt Devil Featherlite Vacuum?
The Dirt Devil Featherlite vacuum cleaners are an excellent machine for removing debris and dirt from your carpets. They are more suitable for home carpets that undergo low maintenance, including small carpets or throw rugs used in rooms.
The Dirt Devil Featherlite vacuum cleaners are recommended for homeowners as they’re quite affordable and lightweight, not to mention they offer great performance. Apart from that, they are durable and come with a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
All in all, these cleaners do really well when it comes to removing dust, dirt, and debris from your upholstery, curtains, floors, furniture, and other surfaces. They make your cleaning process easy and fast.
In general, the Dirt Devil Featherlite vacuum cleaners have the following features:
- They are perfect for cleaning both the hard floors and carpets
- They come with a 1-year warranty
- They pick up dust and pet hair easily
- They are lightweight which makes them easy to move from one location to another
- They are easy to maneuver and store, making them a good fit if you have a small home
- They have a filtration system
Video about Dirt Devil Featherlite vacuum cleaners
Some of the most common Dirt Devil Featherlite vacuum cleaners include:
- Dirt Devil Featherlite Lightweight Cyclonic Canister Vacuum
- Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Upright Vacuum
- Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Dirt Devil Featherlite Lightweight Cyclonic Canister Vacuum Review
The vacuum works best if your home’s surface is made of bare floors as it doesn’t have a brush roll. This Featherlite vacuum cleaner can easily catch all dust and dirt from your floor all the way to your ceiling. It also has a maneuverable design which makes it easy to tackle crevices, corners, stairs, and some hard-to-reach areas.
Its cyclonic technology allows you to deal with the tough mess and improves its overall cleaning performance. Lastly, this vacuum cleaner comes with a bare floor nozzle with a retractable blush.
- Weighs 10 pounds which makes it very lightweight and easy to use
- Storage is available for the vacuum attachments
- Comes with a rewind cord feature
- Affordable for most homeowners
- The availability of casters wheels makes the vacuum easy to move around several rooms
- Substandard plastic is used in its construction
- Comes with a short power cord
- Tends to be quite noisy during operation
This Featherlite vacuum cleaner is easy to carry around your home. It features a small cylinder, and its suction is perfect; you can even put the hose down to get under your furniture. Although the vacuum is impressive, the instructions given in the manual were not clear on how to put it together.
Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Upright Vacuum Review
This bagless vacuum cleaner has a lightweight build which makes it easy to move around your house, even upstairs. Despite having a lightweight design, it’s still fully capable of offering a heavy-duty cleaning performance on hard floors, carpets, furniture, and drapes.
It has a powerful motor that provides great suction during vacuuming. In fact, you can even adjust its height which makes it great for hard floors and carpets. You can easily empty dust and dirt into the trash can since the vacuum has a wide cleaning path that covers the ground.
Then there are the on-board tools that enhance your cleaning performance above the floor. With the Devil Featherlite bagless upright vacuum, you can quickly and easily get rid of pet hair, dust, and dirt in your home easily.
- The vacuum is lightweight making it easy to move around
- You can empty the dust cup without making a mess
- Comes with a washable filter that’s also quite easy to clean
- Makes very little noise during operation
- Features a handful of on-board tools to allow you to clean even the hard-to-reach areas of your house
- Its height can be easily adjusted so you can clean more areas with ease
- Reattaching the dust cup to the vacuum can be complicated at times
- When cleaning bare floors, dirt is mostly scattered since it’s not equipped with a brush roll
- More exposure to the allergens
The Dirt Devil Featherlite bagless upright vacuum is one of the best upright vacuum clears on the market. It comes in the right size and weight to get the job done in minutes.
Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagged Upright Vacuum Review
The Dirt Devil Featherlite bagged upright vacuum can clean carpeted areas as well as hard-to-reach areas of your house. The 10-amp motor is powerful enough to allow you to pick up dust and dirt quickly.
Besides, its lightweight design makes it easy for you to push and carry the vacuum around your house. Not only that, but you can also easily clean your stairs and upholstery due to its on-board stretch hose and tools.
The micro fresh filtration traps enable the vacuum to pick up dust and allergens that are undetectable by human eyes. Due to its on-board tools which include the crevice tools, cleaning up your furniture becomes easier. If you have pets, this vacuum is more suitable for picking up the pet’s hair.
This vacuum is all about making the work of vacuuming easier for homeowners. This means you can spend spend less time cleaning and more time doing the other things you like to do.
- Features a lightweight build which makes it easy to move around
- Suitable for cleaning pet hair and allergens
- Durable construction
- Has a bagged design that prevents dust from spilling out
- Includes on-board tools in the package
- Comes with a 10-amp motor which is strong enough to pick up dust and dirt
- Highly recommended for people who suffer from allergies due to their effective nature in trapping dust and debris
- Less maintenance cost
- Once the bag is full you must replace it with a new one
- The suction weakens as the bag fills up with dirt
- If valuables are trapped in the bag, you have to tear the vacuum bag to retrieve them
Overall, this bagged vacuum is one of the most affordable options in the market. A lot of homeowners love it due to how it effectively cleans their carpets without leaving behind any traces of dirt or pet hair. However, when the bag fills up, the suction tends to weaken fast.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dirt Devil Featherlite Vacuum
Why is my Dirt Devil Featherlite vacuum losing suction?
There could be several reasons that could explain why your Dirt Devil vacuum is losing suction. Possibly the most common explanation is that the dust bag or container is full. Another major reason is that the suction power is not maximally set. Then there’s also the possibility of the hose, tube, or brush being clogged.
The hose of my vacuum cleaner is clogged. What should I do?
To solve this issue, you simply have to remove the hose from the vacuum and check to see if it is really clogged. If you find it clogged, pick a long object like your broomstick and push it through the tube carefully.
Doing so will remove all the substances clogged in the hose. If this process doesn’t work, contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
My vacuum cleaner is smelly. What can I do?
The easiest way to deal with a smelly vacuum cleaner is to add a little washing powder to the dust bag. This will get rid of the smell.
Do dust bags have sizes?
Yes, they do. There are two sizes that you can consider. The first one is the size of a plate with the entrance of the bag. It determines if the dust container will fit a particular vacuum cleaner. The other one is the size of the bag. It is normally indicated in liters and determines the amount of dust the bag can hold.
Why is my Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner making whistling noises during operation?
The presence of whistling noises when operating your Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner could indicate problems that are caused by a filter, a full dust bag, or an opening that allows air into the tube. For this, you want to inspect the dust container and filter and get new ones if necessary.
Check if there are holes or bad connections on the hose. If this process does not solve the whistling problem, contact the vacuum cleaner manufacturer.
How much does the Dirt Devil Featherlite vacuum weigh?
On average, the Dirt Devil Featherlite vacuum cleaners tend to weigh around 4000g. This makes them really lightweight and easy to carry around.
This Dirt Devil Featherlite vacuum cleaner series is very handy and useful in certain situations. It is more suitable for unexpected messy situations. Besides, you can use the vacuum cleaner to clean anywhere in your room due to its maneuverability.
All in all, it gives you a hand in cleaning those hard-to-reach areas in your home. If you have pets, you’ll be glad to own a Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner as it can easily get rid of pet hair on multiple surfaces easily.
Lastly, the vacuum cleaner allows you to clean your carpets and hard floors fast and with ease.