Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum: NEN 110 Bagless Canister
Your search is over if you are looking for a cost-effective, powerful, and feature-packed canister vacuum. Learn about Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum and its features below.
Canisters may not be the most popular kind of vacuum, but there are reasons why they are still on the market; there are people who appreciate and understand their use and qualities. Canister vacuums are strong vacuum cleaners that boast great suction power than stick and robot vacuums. Though this quality is not as strong as those uprights, canisters can be ideal given that they are lighter. Hence, they are like a lighter, more affordable version of the powerful uprights.
What is Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum (NEN 110 bagless Canister Vacuum)
If you are fond of cleaning, then the name Eureka is no longer new to you. Eureka has been present in the cleaning industry for years. They are the source of some of the most amazing cleaning tools we have today. And it seems that their creative and innovative minds are not running out of ideas as they now give us one of their newest creations, the Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum (NEN 110 Bagless Canister.)
Eureka Whirlwind vacuum can be the next big thing among canister vacuums. It boasts a strong suction power that can deal with small and big messes and debris. Moreover, in terms of weight, it is lighter than uprights at 8.2 lbs., making it easier to use and maneuver. Being lightweight also means that it could easily be brought upstairs.
Moreover, it can also deal with above floor problems as it has an extended reach of about 9ft plus a telescoping pole. It does not incur so many recurring costs too since it is a piece of low-maintenance cleaning equipment. Being bagless really has its perks since users no longer need to buy belts and bags. Storage is also not an issue since Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum (NEN 110 Bagless Canister) has an automatic cord rewind, so you no longer need to worry about the wires getting tangled.
Video about Eureka Whirlwind vacuum (NEN110 Bagless Canister)
Review of Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum (NEN110 Bagless Canister)
Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum is a notch higher than comparative models, be it on price, features, or built. Admittedly, this canister vacuum from Eureka is not the most aesthetically pleasing canister vacuum that you will encounter. The colors look cool and sleek, but its overall look could come up as a little cheap, given that it is made of plastic. But do not be fooled by looks since though it is made of plastic, that plastic is actually the hard one; hence sturdiness is in its characteristics. Moreover, not every inch of the Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum is made of plastic. The telescopic wand is made of metal, and the plastic wand actually has a rubber grip.
However, same with the others, there are some concerns in its overall build, particularly with the dirt compartment that looks like something that would easily break from a fall. It does not help that the wheels of the canister also look unreliable.
- Whole Home and Multi-surface Cleaning.Perhaps this is the edge of Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum against its competitors. While others are limited by a single surface, Eureka Whirlwind is not. It can effortlessly deal with rugs, hard floors, and even carpets largely because of its convenient fingertip suction.
- Bagless Design.Eureka Whirlwind values its users, so for it to be more convenient, they made it easier to empty. Hence, users no longer need to buy bags, belts, and even washable filters.
- Automatic Cord Rewind.Storage is a common issue when it comes to vacuum cleaners. They typically take up space, and their cords are frequently tangled, thus contributing to the introduction of cordless vacuums. But this is not a problem for Eureka Whirlwind. Despite being a corded canister vacuum, it has an automatic cord rewind feature, so its wires will never get tangled.
- Above Floor Cleaning.The floor is not the only part of the house that needs vacuuming, and Eureka Whirlwind took this into consideration. Given this, they included features that would help users to do above floor cleaning. With its quick-release handle and 9ft extended reach, users no longer have to frown if they want to clean something that is typically hard to reach.
- A wide array of accessories.Vacuum cleaners cannot clean every nook and cranny of your home as is; accessories need to be used. And this canister vacuum is not short of them as it comes with a 2-in-1 crevice tool/dusting brush.
Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum in Action
- Portability and Product Weight.Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum weighs 8.2 lbs., a weight comparatively lighter than most of its peers. Given this, users will not have a tough day trying to carry it on their second floors or maneuver it. The carrying handle that comes with it makes the task further easier for you.
- Power and Motor wattage.This canister vacuum has a power (Voltage Amperage) specification of 8 Amps and motor wattage of 960 W
- Dust Cup Capacity.You do not have to worry about frequent emptying since this canister vacuum has a large capacity. Users can clean their homes for an extended time without worrying about the dust cups as Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum has a dust cup capacity of 2.5L though the Max fill specification is only about 1.2L.
- Battery-operated vacuum cleaners are limited by their batteries, plus they need to be charged for more than 2 hours, an inconvenience that might ruin your cleaning momentum at times. However, this is not an issue for Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum as it does not run on batteries but instead is corded. However, this fact also has its flaw, as the cleaning is limited by the cord length, and Eureka Whirlwind’s cord might come short of your standards, so make sure you have an extension wire at home.
- Cord length.The cord length of the Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum might concern you as it is not the longest. The length is pretty decent at 16ft, but it might come as short to some.
- Cleaning path.When it comes to the cleaning path, Eureka Whirlwind’s is not the widest when compared to uprights. But since it is a canister, its 10 inches of cleaning path is more than acceptable. It is also wide enough
- Recurring Costs and Maintenance.This is a bagless canister, so the cost of maintaining it is lower. Users do not have to buy bags and belts. In addition, they do not have to buy additional filters either, provided that they are properly cleaned and maintained them.
- The suction is reliable and decent and can deal with most debris, be it small or large. However, despite this strong suction power, it does not have a “No loss of suction” feature.”
- Noise level.The noise level is not the strong suit of this canister vacuum. On average most vacuums have a noise level of around 70 decibels, and the average is slightly lower for canisters at 60-65 decibels. However, the Eureka Whirlwind vacuum’s noise level is above both of these at 82 decibels which is slightly loud. But suppose you are open to a cleaning tool that operates with a slightly loud noise. In that case, the Eureka Whirlwind vacuum will definitely be a good choice since, other than that and the cord length, it is a delight to have.
- Other features.Aside from washable filters, suction control, automatic cord rewind, and telescoping handles, this canister vacuum is also equipped with a swivel steering function, making it easier to maneuver.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I wash my Eureka Vacuum Filter?
Yes, you can wash your Eureka filter for as long as it is the washable type. Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum has a foam filter that users can wash when necessary. This feature makes Eureka Whirlwind a cost-effective vacuum cleaner.
- Why does my Eureka vacuum overheat?
Certain issues with vacuum cleaners can cause overheating. If your Eureka vacuum is overheating, check whether it has a blocked hose, clogged filter, or full dust cup. If you see that the problem is one of these three, solve it. Afterward, give it a rest for 30 minutes. Do not use it immediately. Once 30 minutes pass, plug it back and turn it on. If the problem is still not fixed, contact their customer support.
- Where is the model number of Eureka vacuum cleaners?
You can find the model number of your Eureka vacuum cleaners, like the Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum, on the back or bottom side of it. Look for the metallic silver sticker, and you will see what you are looking for there.
Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum is one of the cheapest canister vacuums that packs a punch. Any person who decides to buy it will not regret their decision. After all, who would regret buying a superb vacuum cleaner that has excellent specifications and amazing features? Definitely no one. Given this, Eureka Whirlwind Vacuum NEN 110 Bagless Canister is definitely worth it.